Expectations for Research-Intensive Course Grant Recipients
Recipients of Research-Intensive Course Grants will be expected to:
- Participate in a 1/2 day workshop prior to the start of the semester in which they receive the award.
- Attend two workshops (one hour each) during the semester of the award.
- Teach the class that is being workshopped within one year. For example, someone receiving the award in the fall must offer the course that fall, the following spring, or the following summer.
- Utilize the Research/Creative Cycle (pdf) to frame their assignment for students.
- Require students to present their research at the end of the first term that the course if offered. This could be at an event hosted by the Center for Undergraduate Research (Summer Poster Session, Fall Poster Session, or spring Undergraduate Research Symposium), a departmental event, or an event organized specifically for the course.
- Provide a copy of the syllabus and/or course assignments that can be shared as an Open Educational Resource (OER) through KU Scholarworks. The Center for Undergraduate Research and KU Libraries will work with grant recipients to select appropriate Creative Commons licensing for their materials.